Last year at this time I was just dying of jealousy because there were so many of my bloggy friends going to BlogHer. I vowed to go this year. But then they announced that it would be in New York City. I changed my mind about going because a) New York is MAD expensive and b) New York is not the kind of place where I could wander off on my own. And I like to wander off on my own.
Plus, I don’t know how I’d react to being in a place where you have to look up to see the sky.
I didn’t give BlogHer any more thought until last week when all my bloggy friends started talking about going. I still don’t want to go to New York, but I really want to meet these people!
But no. No BlogHer for me. Instead, I’m finally going to respond to Thoughtsy‘s nomination of this blog for The Versatile Blogger award.
Here are the rules.
- Thank the award giver.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to some of your favorite bloggers.
1. Thank you, Thoughtsy.
2. Seven things? Here goes.
- Favorite foods: Oliver – tuna; Obi – shredded cheese; Zensai – freeze dried mealworms; The Girl – hot dogs; The Boy – Is not available for consultation.
- Favorite pastime: Oliver – napping with The Girl; Obi – watching Smell-o-vision; Zensai – rearranging his tank; The Girl – watching TV; The Boy – reading.
- Favorite day of the week: Oliver – Saturday (because The Boy gets up early to feed him, but The Girl stays in bed for post-breakfast snuggling); Obi – works like a slave every day so what does it matter? ; Zensai – Tuesday; The Girl – Wednesday (beer night); The Boy – again, not available but it’s probably a toss up between Wednesday with me and Thursday or Saturday when he has train club.
- Favorite room in the house: Oliver – the bedroom; Obi – the living room; Zensai – has only been in one room; The Girl – my office; The Boy – the train room.
- Pet peeve: Oliver – less than perfectly clean litter boxes; Obi – getting kisses all the time because he’s too cute; Zensai – being touched when he’s shedding; The Girl – senselessly mean people; The Boy – I’m going to say people who do things for the wrong reasons.
- Favorite word: Oliver – breakfast (seriously, this word will make him purr at any time of day, even if he’s not getting fed); Obi – belly rub; Zensai – prefers silence; The Girl – persnickety; The Boy is unavailable to give his answer.
- Favorite part of the day: Oliver – breakfast; Obi – belly rub time; Zensai – when no one else is in the living room; The Girl – when The Boy comes home; The Boy remains unavailable for consultation.
3. Some bloggers who should also get this award? Honestly, I’ve lost track of who has gotten this award already. If you haven’t, and you need a topic for you blog this week, ALL of my bloggy friends are worthy.
It’s Thunder Thursday! Today I bring you a video of Otis, from The Cult of Otis. This clever kitten has trained his people to do tricks. He does an action and they make a clicking sound and give him food. Oliver would very much like to train me to do this – though the clicking disturbed his nap this afternoon.