Next week, The Boy is leaving us to go play on a steam train. While The Boy’s away, The Girl has decided to invite the women of my family to Cheyenne to play. And to get our Christmas shopping done.
My aunt, Barb, asked if Oliver would snuggle with her. After all, her cats have always been very good hosts to me. The Boy and I agree that things could go either way.
To prepare our four house guests, Kitten Thunder has put together a list of rules:
1. Don’t sleep on the roof. Okay, that’s from Cider House Rules, but it is a good rule. Especially since there’s six inches of snow up there.
2. You must rub Obi’s belly on demand.
3. Obi will decide when there has been enough rubbing of the belly.
4. Don’t try to pick Oliver up – he is long and heavy and his claws don’t retract.
5. If Oliver scratches on your belt, pick him up.
6. Feed the kittens in the morning.
7. Feed the kittens whenever you eat.
8. Feed the kittens whatever you eat.
9. Eat things the kittens will want to eat. The Girl bought some hard salami that the kittens are aggressively fond of, try that.
10. Should a grey kitten visit you in the night, off to let him under the covers.
Related to nothing: Our real estate agent brought us a pumpkin for Halloween. I thought about carving it, but someone beat me to it. And it has made for excellent OutTV.
Kitten Thunder is playing a game called “let’s chew on each other’s faces” right now. Their heads are soggy.
It’s Thunder Thursday! Today we have Wilson and Gizmo of Monterey. These brothers are the children of someone who works in my aunt’s office. We agree that this picture makes us want to go home and take a nap. But when is that a bad idea, really?